Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Grant from the IRTAF!

This week the Dragonfly Studio was the proud recipient of a grant from the Illinois Retired Teachers Association Foundation towards the purchase of two digital cameras and a version of Photoshop Elements!  We were selected as one of "a few" out of 75 applicants!  During Mrs. Lagerhausen's class, a representative  came and presented us with the check.  I look forward to opening a digital photography studio with our fourth grade students soon!




I also had the pleasure of assisting Ms. Durand with the students singing the Star Spangled Banner at the Pecatonica Indians football game Friday night!


We opened the painting studio this week, but have limited it to watercolors at this point.  Students are working on responsibility of setting up and cleaning up after themselves, just as "real" artists do! Cleaning up after overselves has been our biggest challenge this far, however I am optimistic we will get into the routine soon! 

I am working on getting images uploaded to Artsonia as quickly as I can.  I have a wonderful parent volunteer that has been helping me, as many students waited until the last week to submit their first W.O.W. pieces.  My hope is they will become more staggered as the year goes on and the students learn the process of TAB more.  The feedback from students has been very positive!  Make sure to leave comments on your students artwork and share with family and friends!  They love feedback!




No comments:

Post a Comment